Ocean applaud and pioneer creativity in Digital Out of Home.
Digital Out of Home’s fast growth has revolutionised the way in which out of home advertising can be consumed, and it now stands tall as a medium in its own right with unique creative opportunities.
It has been proven that with the same creative executions premium sites perform better for the brand as the impact of the creative is multiplied using these locations, especially when combined with movement and relevant timing.
New to Digital Out of Home?
Within DOOH, there are a number of standard Creative Techniques which should be considered when designing DOOH for a brand, full motion, subtle motion and dynamic copy.
Here are some principles of best practice on how you can make the most of your campaign.
- Develop specific creative for DOOH. Consider it as a medium in its own right using its unique creative capabilities to deliver a superior emotional connection more easily.
- When, where and who must be considered in the creative process of digital out of home to maximise a campaign.
- Use technology to support creativity, not trends.
- Create dynamic content to deliver precise and relevant campaigns. Develop multiple creative to respond to predetermined events such as the weather, flight availability, speed of traffic. The relevance of the creative can increase awareness and effectiveness.
- Consider “live” copy – It will also drive relevance. A strong internet connection is required for live streamed content so check the location you have selected for this.
- Consider the use of Day part – delivers a cost effective route into the medium by delivering a time sensitive message or creative execution. Brands have targeted drive time, non drive time, school runs, specific day of week or count-down to events.
- Create a simple user journey to deliver magic with logic. DOOH has a direct synergy with mobile, and to place DOOH directly into the sequential behaviour of consumers the connection between the two must be a simple transition with a stream of content most relevant when utilising mobile. (e.g. Twitter is accessed 80% of the time via mobile.)
- Even the smallest amount of creative movement will help elevate engagement.
- A typical slot on a digital out of home screen is 10 seconds. The loop length itself will vary depending on the screen.
- When delivering copy on large format digital out of home locations, use a font size of minimum 9px to be visible.It is important to note that if the text on the creative is unreadable on your computer screen at 100% zoom, it will not be visible on a digital out of home screen.
- Using colour is crucial in enhancing visual attention, so using a dark background with elements of vibrant colour will deliver the most eye catching and impactful ads.
- Keep images simple for roadside or elevated screens. Fine detail is more suited to pedestrian screens.
- When delivering final content deliver the correct file type, built for stability and quality with little variation across formats.Animation
.mov files encoded using h.264 are recommended. Maximum limit is 20MBStatic
.jpg files are recommended, files must be RGB. Maximum limit is 500kb